Coronavirus COVID-19 – Patient Update March 13, 202024 Feb, 2024 | BY Newlife
As a leading advocate of health and wellness in our communities, our top priority has always been the health and safety of our staff and patients. We have been carefully monitoring the development of the COVID-19 outbreak, and we want to share some guidance and provide some precautionary health measures, as well as provide you with information about the procedures we are following.
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and the Chief Public Health Officer continue to assess the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as low for Canada. Therefore, we are currently continuing to operate normally at all of our clinics.
The prevention and control of infection is standard procedure at our clinics, and we continue to follow stringent requirements for cleaning:
– Treatment surfaces in the exam rooms are disinfected between every patient visit.
– Floors are mopped and disinfected daily.
– Washrooms are cleaned daily, or more frequently as needed.
– Hand sanitizer is available in the waiting area and in all exam rooms.
In addition to our standard cleaning schedule, we are enhancing our procedures to include:
– Disinfecting exam room doorknobs between every patient visit.
– Disinfecting the front reception transaction top at regular intervals.
We would also like to emphasize the following precautions that have always been in place at the clinics:
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, mild or severe:
– Difficulty breathing/shortness of breath
– If you have traveled to any of the areas with the ongoing spread of COVID-19
– If you live with someone who has been to the areas with the ongoing spread of COVID-19
-If you have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or who is experiencing symptoms similar to the Flu or COVID-19
DO NOT COME INTO THE CLINICS
Contact your local Public Health Authority
What You Can Do to Stay Healthy:
The coronavirus spreads from person to person through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. While there are currently no specific treatments for the coronavirus, the following precautions are recommended:
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
– Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, or into your elbow, not your hands.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
– Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care. Most people with the virus do not require any specific treatment.
– Contact your healthcare professional if you exhibit symptoms associated with the virus. Call ahead before going to your doctor.
– If you have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for the coronavirus or has recently traveled from an area with the ongoing spread of the coronavirus, contact your healthcare professional or local health department.
We will provide updates should there be any significant change in the status of the outbreak. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Clinic Manager.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Dr. Samuel Soliman
Medical Director NewLife Fertility